Thursday, January 19, 2006

Quitting Cigarettes....

Do not try this at home, I am a professional! Quitter's never win. I told my dad I stopped smoking and he called me a "quitter." I've heard all the jokes about quitting cigarettes and I believe I can do it this time for good. I've developed a strange reaction to the smell of cigarette smoke, it makes me gag and want to throw up! I'm tired of coughing in the morning after my early cigarette, and I don't even want to use the nicotine patch since it makes my dreams seem like nightmares! I quit once before by jogging three miles a day, so I plan on walking at least two miles a day to start. Exercize and smoking are incompatible. If only I had not joined the Air Force, I would never have started smoking. I've decided I want to breathe again, I want to Live! Wish me luck and a strong willpower.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nidhi said...

Wish you all the luck in the world. i'm glad about your decision. it definitely is a tough thing to decide and work towards quitting cigs. i obviously have never tried, nor do i plan to, but i do know it takes a lot of willpower. I hope you succeed. And i'm proud of you for doing this :)
good luck, and god bless.
Regards
Devil's own

2:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Devil's own; I will make you proud of me!

St. Fragile; I have been using a 1 800 help line and when I awake at night and feel the need for nicotine, I call. They tell me that it takes three to four minutes for the cravings to pass, so I keep talking until I can go back to sleep.

1:18 AM  
Blogger Pop Fantastic said...

You can do it! I quit smoking this year too---I'll be your sound off if you need bolstering. It's tough.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home