Sunday, February 26, 2006

I am sorry for your loss!

I wrote a comment on a wonderful woman's blog tonight that I somewhat regret. She had lost her infant son. I was selfish and told her that all I ever wanted in life was to be loved by a mama. I lived in many foster homes and had many mama's care for me. If only I could be satisfied with that. But the truth is that I cannot go back home to a home that was never there. Dad died last year and I only got to meet him once in my life when I was 30 years old. I never really knew my mother until I was 26 and wanted to come home. "You can't go home again." I don't remember who wrote that, but it's true. My brother's and sister are strangers to me. I don't know them at all. My family life is bricks and mortar that do not fit and is falling down around me. How then do I make a future for myself? I hope one day to have a loving wife and cheerful children playing in the yard, but do such dreams ever come true for one such as me? I struggle against the odds, and I will make the best of my life, but life never seems to come out the way I had planned. Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans, or so it is said. So said, I say to you sweet lady: May you meet Thomas in heaven! Still I wish you had been my Mom! *sigh*

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Sorry to hear that you didn't really know your parents. But as for the whole long-distance relationship, personally I would need more than a couple letters a week, but that's just me. If you really love each other then things might work out, but I've never been in that situation so I can't really tell you what's right or wrong. Hope things work out for you. Oh, & thanks for visiting my blog!

7:46 PM  
Blogger L' ISA said...

Hi!
(Thanks for ur comment on my blog.)

Here’s a Thought from a great professor: “Proximity without imagination
Only creates a fiction of the wholeness.”
A family can be complete under one
roof but if there is no unifying bond among them, then the term family would
just be senseless.
A family should be more than its members; it should be above all, about the shared memories and the shared identity.

Keep on blogging!
There’s hope for me and you!

8:00 PM  
Blogger H. said...

quoted lennon, right? :)
yes, so true.. but you shouldn't lose faith, if you can help it.

2:28 AM  
Blogger Leiro said...

It is not selfish to say all you wanted was the love of a mum. Perhaps it will mean something to her that she can provide something unique even if for a short time?!

Sadly love from a parent is not an unconditional and guaranteed entity as one believes it should be. I have seen that in the faces of many people and it always makes me sad. However if we didn't look for the positives in life we would never get by...

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home