Monday, November 12, 2007

Country Music

Week 2 of my U of Phoenix online is almost over and I am doing well with studies. Having tried to return to college previously, I usually ended up finding myself uninspired and lacking interest. This Psychology program I have chosen to complete my previous 3 years of psych and printing studies at Western Washington University seems to be just the thing for me. As I told some of my classmates in my intro bio to them, I liked studying psych previously because it taught me how to learn and how to think instead of being taught: "what to think!" Maintaining my newfound sobriety helps immensely with devotion and dedication to my studying. I mention Country Music as the title to this blog as I like to listen to music when I post my test answers and essays, but not when I read and study, and I gained an appreciation for Country music when I worked with a Texan once in printing. He always said that: A printer who doesn't drink, simply doesn't understand the situation he's in! A friend of mine mentions that she once worked at a radio station and at that time, Country was considered the most popular music in America! Guess we're all a bunch of hicks and rednecks, or at least they outnumber us "civilized" beings up here in the North! I learned at AA meetings and in my recovery classes that recovery is like a Country song played backwards: you get your car back, you get your wife back, you get your kids back, you get your life back! And even the dog likes you again too! So for all you audiophiles out there in cyberspace, here is a link to the new sensation singer; Taylor Swift, singing her new hit: Our Song! I found it delivered to my Real Player news, but they wouldn't let me download it for you, so just follow the link to listen to this golden haired golden voice singing. If I had a girlfriend, I would make "Our Song" our song! Enjoy! http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1119532170&fr=my-vert-web-top

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home