Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Crying over spilt milk.

I made my "dad" cry himself to sleep tonight. He is not really my father, but he is my eighth foster father and the man who raised me since I was four years. I call him Chief, since he was Fire Chief here in Kenmore for 40 years before he retired. He is 87 now and has had several strokes that he has survived. I lived alone with my birth mother for 13 years before being invited to come back and help my foster mom take care of my Chief in his twilight years. That was six years ago. Tonight the Chief wanted some milk late this evening and tried to pour himself some milk from a full half gallon bottle. He dropped the bottle and it all drained out onto the kitchen floor. I just happened to come awake and found him trying to clean up the mess. I asked him to never mind, I would get the mop and we wouldn't have to tell mom. I guess he told mom anyway, since he cried himself to sleep. Mom came and told me that he told her that he knows he makes mistakes and cannot help himself. I did not mean to say anything wrong about his spilling the milk, but he felt bad about it anyway and cried himself to sleep. Now I feel bad and cannot get back to sleep, maybe some wine will help. I hope I don't spill it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home