Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The IRS

It's time to pay out my pint of blood to the IRS. Spell out T.H.E.I.R.S. and you will find that it spells "theirs." What's mine is theirs, so they figure. I hate to shell out good money that is just going to fund the war in Iraq. But pay I do so that they won't send me to jail for non payment and income tax evasion. I probably won't get a cent back and probably will have to pay because I took out six exemptions on my W forms last year. I didn't want the Government to have any of my money before April 17th this year. If only I could have afforded to return to college last year like I had planned, then I could claim student exempt and not have to pay at all. Oh well, time to sit down and figure out the paperwork.

2 Comments:

Blogger pilgrimchick said...

Hey, I know the feeling. I completely forgot about taxes, actually, being here in the UK right now at school. So thankful for that excemption.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, how about that, I went to HR Block and I actually get $577 back! I took out a tax refund loan with them right away so I could pay some bills. *sigh* already I think most of my tax refund is gone.

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home