Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Happy Father's Day!

Okay, so maybe I'm a bit premature on this greeting. But Dad's day is just around the corner and my Dad might not make it to receive his greeting. He's 87 now and not in the best of health. It seems that the "Chief" will leave us soon, not too soon I hope, but the inevitable end will come as sure as "death and taxes." I call him "Dad" and "Chief" because even though he was not my father, he was the man who raised me when I was a foster child and he was Fire Chief in the three cities Northshore area for 40 years. He is my hero of my heart and I don't like to see him grow so old and feeble. Mom refuses to put him in a nursing home and maybe that is what keeps him alive. Average life expectancy in a nursing home is two years! My own father passed away a year and a half ago and I never knew him, I only met him once when I was 30. So to all you Dad's out there, I wish you to have a happy holiday--and mow the lawn on your day off because I hate to do it myself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home