Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A new job already!!!

I did not have to search for months and weeks to find this job, Hooray! I went downtown Seattle for a job interview yesterday with United Reprographics and was immediately hired! Wow! What luck, but I guess it is really my print, photocopy, and bindery skills that impressed them. It is a young company with 17 other employees, but they put out twice the work of their nearest competitor who has 25 employees. Being a young company they have started out with the newest machines and the latest techniques for improved quality and efficiency. I will start out in bindery, which I know best, but I will train for their new machines in copy. They have a large format color copier that I have used before and they were glad that I already know how to use this machine and many others. I guess I have a pretty good resume if the owner's decided to hire me before even interviewing me. I come across as a dedicated and cheerful employee in interviews, so I wasn't too suprised that they wanted to hire me. Today was just orientation and I have my usual paperwork to fill out for a new job; you know, the social security page, W-2 form and employee handbook to read and sign. The primary owner/manager wanted to hire me right away to get me started when they are busy and not only need help, but so I can experience the rush of the work flow during a busy period. It was EASY, I've done this so many times with so many different companies that I could practically do it with my eyes closed. No more 1000 pound rolls of paper falling off the forklift, the heavyiest roll of paper they have is for the large format color plotter and only weighs in at about 50 pounds. It's downtown Seattle though, and I plan on taking the bus instead of driving since Seattle is known as the worst city in the nation for parking space. The commute is only two busses and only takes 50 minutes, which ain't bad, I can listen to my Russian language lessons while on the bus. I feel that this will be a better company to work for than IKON or Kinko's. Yes, I will be eligible for benefit after 30 days and I need new glasses, so I feel less pay and greater benefits is worth this job change. This kind of job is easy work, but they keep you busy, busy, busy! Damn I'm glad I quit my last job and found this one.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Info gal: I'll gladly pay you the dollar for your legal services in suing my previous company for crushing my big toe! Consider it a retainer fee!

4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home