Wednesday, April 05, 2006

And on the third day...!

Only my third day as manager at this Subway sandwich shop and already I fired someone! Actually he fired himself, or I should say that he is not even hired! A teenage kid did not even report for work today, nor even call in, his first day on the job. I called when he was late and no one answered. I left a message that was not returned. I had to work a double shift to keep the store open. I guess he did not really want the job after all. Another employee called in sick and called her friend co-worker to take her place, so she gets to keep her job. Anyone that does not come in for their first day of work is obviously not going to get the job. Fortunately a young lady came in to turn in her application today. I felt like asking her if she would like to start 'today, right now!' Teenagers can be so very irresponsible employees and always try to find some scam to steal from my restaurants. Hell, they get good pay and a free employee meal and all the free soda they want, and I always try to accomodate them with their work schedules, so what more do they want and why do they always think they can steal money from the register? Unfortunately only teenagers will work in fast food, aside from retired people. I only accepted this job because I was asked to be manager since I once worked at the University of Washington Subway sandwich shop, the busiest Subway shop in the NATION! At that shop we put out a sub sandwich every 45 seconds and made over $5000 a day! The only other Subway that came close to us was the one at Princeton University, if you can believe that. I am just glad to have a job in these difficult economic times, and I can't understand why an 18 year old, just out of high school, doesn't want to make more then the minimum wage that a MacDonalds would pay! I guess it's because they don't want to have to think! They'll learn soon enough!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home