Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Say something, say anything!

I guess I should post a new blog, but I'm bored. All I did today was move furniture and then mow the lawn. I want to warn you all about meeting someone online, there are a lot of scams and decidedly unworthy characters out there. If your a guy like me, the big thing now a days is Russian Bride scams. Not that my Elena is one of them, but many women make overseas fortunes from saying they will marry you. Just send them the price of a plane ticket and they will come to you! Hold on, not so easy! INS and Russian CIN services usually require for you to actually travel to the country and meet the person in question. I have heard of horror stories where the guy travels to foreign country to meet a young lady and ends up meeting her grandma who used granddaughter's photos to entice a relationship. Then there are the reputed stories of men who go to Thailand and meet an enticing young lady, get drunk, and then wake up in the morning with one of their kidney's missing! It can be a strange world out there and as Julius Caesar said: Cavet Emptor, let the buyer beware!

2 Comments:

Blogger ela zawrat said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:52 PM  
Blogger ela zawrat said...

So, you're trying to purchase yourself a woman. I'm glad that this business is at least a little dangerous for the shoppers. I wonder what the ratio is; one Western male robbed of his valet or mugged, for how many kids and adults forced into prostitution, or brides from poor countries getting into the unknown that sometimes proves to be slavery. I'll give you a good advice. Find yourself a good woman in your neighborhood. It will be much safer for you and for the woman.

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home