Saturday, September 09, 2006

Back to school.

College classes start this September 25th. I am excited and aprehensive about my return to college. Excited to learn a new career in electronics, but aprehensive because it has been more then 20 years since I last attended school. I think I will do well though because I have good experience from my work history. To prepare for school I had an eye exam and got new glasses. Bifocals actually. I must be getting old if I need bifocals. I have gotten used to them already and they work great! Now I can read the daily paper without having to take my glasses off and hold the paper nine inches from my face. Now if I could just find a part time job to help pay for school I would be a happy camper. Printing sucks and I need this education for a better career. Maybe I could go to work for Seattle City Light when I graduate. My Dad worked for them before he became a fireman and he still has connections. I would love to have a government job and be able to retire in 20 years with a good pension. Hey, I'm 44 now and I just can't see myself working until I'm 75, 80 years old! One last thought: "Work" is a four letter word!

1 Comments:

Blogger SaraLynnIsAFlirt said...

uggghhh.... the dreaded four letter words... meh... beer is one... so all is not lost... thx for you comments on my blog... and thought i should at least see wtf you write about... (o:
and hey good luck with school... though i doubt you'll need it... as i have found when you wanna learn, you do, and will most likely accel (sp?) at it... but can be unnerving just the same... and hey i had a gov't job once... and hated it... but i was 20 at the time and thought i knew everything (what 20yr old doesn't??) so i quit after 2yrs.. dumb gal.... but i still have friends in the same office... and they are jealous that i got away...so who's to say.... anyway i like what i'm doin now and how i am... and when i'm not i chg it... er try to... life is just a bunch of stages.. or phases as my mom liked to say of my girl infatuation... hehe... still in that 'phase' i guess, but never gave up the 'boy crazy' action either... ciao for the now sonny... and i'll check back often... xoxo sara lynn

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home